Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 sidekick plenty problems, strange setup? almost there *hoping*
Thanks again! You da man!! So got the girl back together yesterday, turned key no lights, fuel pump! ?? Spun though. Started checking, blown fuse, not the fi, problem was I got water on one of the vsv’s changing the water pump and thermostat, dryed off an all good. Fired up stronger than ever with the new timing belt. Ok great!! Still high idle about 2k after dp closes. Put the horn back on and hand over it, now sucking air again somewhere, maybe under the horn gasket but looked good, will test straight over tb to rule that. Need a better clamp on the booster line off tb, old one not cutting. 25% throttle revved great, anything else was sputtering till rpms high enough. Wot gave me a slow, sputtering rev, better than before where she just choked. Wasn’t able to get the temps up as the water pump pulley wasn’t hooked up yet, engine was warm but tb still cold, not surprised there no circ. Pouring over those docs you sent this am before some sun hits to get it fresh in my head again, a great help!! The bottom hose came off the evap cab but I think that’s the one to the tank and doesn’t matter for the vac sys. Thinking maybe the po messed w the timing, looks all the way to one side, not loose, maybe to comp for a worn timing belt, will check that after I make sure there’s no vac leaks and everything else is happy. Like I said it revs better than ever now at high rpm or soft throttled, maybe too good, possibly too lean.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 90 sidekick plenty problems, strange setup? almost there *hoping* - by Bazooki - 02-02-2019, 02:37 AM