Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Engine with Compression and Oil Issues
sure , 500miles at least 3000 is best. on dino oil.
you got a cat there, and if clogged, partially get it fully hot may in many cases dry it out and now flows free.
I had car with 97 kick with cat packed full of carbon and raw engine oil,,,,, (blown engine before , side effect)
i run it fast and long and it even passed the P0420 cat test, not easy to pass that.
chromemolly are racing rings, and may never seat in, keep in mind race cars are torn down every race, or 2.
ever think go get hasting rings. ask them for cast iron, rings. no racing.

read how much trouble Honda new car engines are setup in the factory?
with engine honed last to micro polished cylinders and rings to match, and no breaking needed, (a sale feature not BS)
no shop does this here (be rare)
most buy china parts, and what you get is anyones guess. buy american rings, hastings, or perfect circle or any rings from majors that are fully documented.
Never use high rpm to break in any engine in fact very speeds, like in country road driving and stay off the fast 60mph + turn pike.
if you do it right they can go 300k miles.
my 200k engines had prefect compression and full power, on stock rings;
thanks for the reminder, it does work, rings so seat and if racing rings they may never seat. Chrome is super hard, and the cylinders are not setup for this.

some suzk owers only crawl, and if runs all they be happen;/.
me id never go over 55mph. in gusting wins in any 2000 lbs box kite, not me. ever change lanes, unwilling? (say on bridge)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Engine with Compression and Oil Issues - by fixkick - 01-11-2019, 11:12 AM