Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a question about shifter bushing repair
Thank You!
I went ahead and used a bit of ordinary assembly lube around the bottom of the shifter and around the plastic bushing. I'm still waiting for the new bushing to arrive from
LowRangeOffRoad, so I will repeat the process.
I'm not 100% certain the oil I initially saw in there was gear oil. It could have been assembly lube...but it was not very viscous (maybe because I had just finished driving).
The oil I saw was at the very bottom right where the plastic bushing sits. When i removed the bushing, I saw oil only a couple millimeters thick. I cleaned it out with a towel. I then stuck my finger in there at the very bottom, when i did that, it looked like a bit more oil seeped in through the sides, from the bottom of where the plastic bushing sits. The oil was a but grey in color.
I found a new gear shift lever online and got it shipped from Japan (it was around 60 dollars). I did this because the bottom boot on mine was very torn, and I want to make sure there is a good seal. So if anyone wants my old gearshift lever (with intact spring), I am happy to give it away as long as you pay for shipping.

(12-18-2018, 10:31 PM)fixkick Wrote: just clean it
lube it , with assemb lube. or gel.
new 27 plastic, it fits tight and ends the sloppy shifts in all cases this is it . fails easy. for sure not lubed.
and twist lock CUP down with #36 screws, loose turn 90deg, CW to lock it down. per manual.
or push it down such that the slots align with #36 holes. and then insert both screws 1 at a time. (i found this more easy.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have a question about shifter bushing repair - by sina27 - 12-19-2018, 04:55 AM