Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle switch question
(12-13-2018, 06:39 AM)eatthebiscuits Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 04:13 AM)eatthebiscuits Wrote: Hey everyone, I'm after a bit of help with my Suzuki escudo. Symptoms are:
I'm only getting 320km from a full tank of gas.
Slight bog on acceleration (hot and cold), but only when first pressing accelerator pedal. Revs and accelerates great right up to 100kph otherwise.
Low rpm at idle, engine shakes a little and seems to misfire at idle.

I have tested and calibrated the tps according to fix kick instructions. Everything checks out right apart from the idle switch goes from 0v at idle to 11.7v off idle. Shouldn't it be 5v? Is this a clue to some of the symptoms I'm experiencing?

I've given it a good tune up. New HV leads, timing belt, spark plugs, dizzy cap, checked and repaired sheared crankshaft keyway, set ignition timing, checked compression (155 all cylinders), checked fuel pressure (36psi).

Any advice would be awesome thanks!
Brendon'
welcome you are from down under ,I was there in 1972, joint navy exercises. nice place lots of sheep! No hamburgers then... eegads/...

Hey thanks! It's a 1992 1.6L 16v Mpi SOHC Sq416, 4 door with the 4 speed auto transmission
Fuel tank has 55L capacity.
Yes it has full power at WOT. Just a hesitation when taking off.
Tacho on dash not working, but just feels low with the shaking/misfire. EGR main valve leaking , is very common cause of idle low and shacking engine,
Will check country code when I get home tonight.
Yes fuel pressure was 36psi at idle.
Would a vacuum leak cause this hesitation and higher fuel consumption? It does have a 2in suspension lift and 30in tyres.

yes 16v engine is MPI, lots of ways fail.
but even leaking injectors but they are not clogged.
the the main pipes top side huge, go from air cleaner MAF on the cleaner box back to the throttle body can have no AIR leaks, in that path.
the MAF should be cleaned now with cleaner and no closer than 8 inches (200mm) from the maf elements, it is fragile
clean spray it , wait one minute and repeat 3 times, the delay softens the gum for the next hit.

a dirty maf will act just like air leaks. in that huge pipe.
as will plenum leaks behind the throttle body.
but mostly at light throttle usage.
the main pipe has big rubber ring seals that can get pinched funny and leak, make sure the main tube has no cracks, in it, for sure near mounts
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Idle switch question - by eatthebiscuits - 12-13-2018, 04:13 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by fixkick - 12-13-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by fixkick - 12-13-2018, 05:18 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by eatthebiscuits - 12-13-2018, 06:50 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by eatthebiscuits - 12-13-2018, 06:39 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by fixkick - 12-13-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by fixkick - 12-13-2018, 09:05 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by fixkick - 12-13-2018, 09:15 AM
RE: Idle switch question - by eatthebiscuits - 12-13-2018, 09:57 AM