Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eating fuel pumps
I've thought of a name for the forklift tracker: Albatross!
I admit, I'm a parts thrower. So couple weekends ago, fuel pump was dead, have pressure gauge hooked in permanently, nothing. This was a month old and the cheapest one off rock auto. The previous one I heard die, as in, in made bad noise and delivered varying low pressure. But 2 weekends ago, turn the key and zilch. I assumed, since it was new, it was electrical. Didn't get voltage at connector, so checked the relay. Relay checked out, audibly clicks too. Checked connector again and got 12v, so assumed I messed up the first time checking. So tried to jump pump from battery and got nothing. I assumed, because it was cheapest option, that's why it died. The next pump was a warranteed one from OReilly's. And two weeks later, same thing! Key on, relay clicks, nothing. I will do a more thorough check next weekend on the electrical. Am I killing pumps? Maybe I can keep exchanging them. Thing is, it runs fine until I shut it off. Only coming back weeks later. There was sediment in the tank that I sucked out, and all pumps have had new filter pickup things. Tank is relocated and out in the open.

I should have bought a forklift Sad
Thanks,
D

Messages In This Thread
eating fuel pumps - by dkym - 12-05-2018, 08:49 AM
RE: eating fuel pumps - by fixkick - 12-05-2018, 09:17 AM