Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 Geo tracker fuel filter replace
(11-17-2018, 12:32 PM)fixkick Wrote: there are 2 banjo fitting there
if rusted are very hard, or impossible to seal up. (4 copper seals ,flat, looks like flat washers)
hoping that yours, is only filter case rust.
cheeres

Well...the filter was NOT the problem...so as usual I always have a problem it seems...If it can go wrong it WILL go wrong...

The banjo fitting right above the banjo bolt..broke in to..at the side going to the gas tank, of course it would not break on the easy side..always the hard side..

Even if I had a new hose...it seems I would have to drop the gas tank to replace the hose...

Well, this is what I did,,,I removed the old filter...cut the line gong to the tank,,and the line going to the engine...I cut right behind the banjo fitting..

It had to be done right away, or I would have somehow ordered both hose's, and replaced them..

I had a new(old) filter, that had the input and output tube's like old school...so I pushed the hose's on the filter and will put TWO ...hose clamps on each fitting..

As soon as I finished the fuel filter..the Da................................m wheel cylinder blew out..on the drivers side rear brakes..so when I went to stop, for the first time after fixing the fuel filter..the break pedal went all the way to the floor...so I had to order that also............

Messages In This Thread
1995 Geo tracker fuel filter replace - by ke4hve - 11-17-2018, 12:29 PM
RE: 1995 Geo tracker fuel filter replace - by ke4hve - 11-18-2018, 01:50 PM