Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear door lock stuck
The vehicle is a '94 Sidekick 4 door. The rear cargo bay door lock seems to be jammed - worked fine up to a month ago. The key will turn the lock mechanism from closed to open, but the horizontal handle will not push up. I've removed the internal plastic door cover and monkeyed around trying to push or pull anything associated with the mechanism... with not luck. It's a bugger to get inside and because of my body acreage and inflexability, so far, I can't get a decent look inside the door. I hope cutting a hatch to access the mechanism isn't in the future....

I removed and got 3 of the main doors working last year. 2 of them were also jammed due to rusted out springs in the workings. Suspect, but don't know, if this is a similar problem.

Thanks for any advice. Pavel14

ps: I notice with some trepidation that there's no internal lever/handle to open the cargo door from the inside - amazing! There is a small square hole near the lock where such a safety handle should be, but it is absent! To borrow a Down-under phrase, "Stone the crows!"

Messages In This Thread
Rear door lock stuck - by Pavel14 - 08-17-2018, 02:08 AM
RE: Rear door lock stuck - by fixkick - 08-17-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: Rear door lock stuck - by fixkick - 08-17-2018, 02:50 AM
RE: Rear door lock stuck - by Pavel14 - 08-19-2018, 02:39 AM
RE: Rear door lock stuck - by fixkick - 08-19-2018, 03:25 AM