Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wires in engine compartment
Hello,
I have had the head reworked on my 92 tracker. Engine was steaming but no water in oil. Head was pressure tested and milled. After putting it all back together, it ran good but was still steaming. Water in the oil this time. I didn’t check the block very well. It had some low spots that I was able to hone out by hand using a grinding stone. Put it back together the second time with another new gasket and can’t get it started. I was careful to check timing marks and took note of valves on 1 and 4 at tdc. I have fuel to the throttle body and have spark. I did, however have a wire left that I didn’t remember taking off either time. I was looking at some of the pictures on your website and found what I think is the same wires on slide 5 of the intake manifold slideshow. The white connector and wires on the lower left of the frame at the firewall. The wires on mine are red and yellow. I can’t find a wire or socket to plug it into. These wires come out of the main harness to the back and just below the intake manifold. Any ideas? Is this keeping it from cranking? Thanks, Greg

Messages In This Thread
Wires in engine compartment - by GFO4501 - 08-13-2018, 03:17 AM
RE: Wires in engine compartment - by fixkick - 08-13-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: Wires in engine compartment - by fixkick - 08-13-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: Wires in engine compartment - by fixkick - 08-13-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: Wires in engine compartment - by fixkick - 08-13-2018, 06:13 AM
RE: Wires in engine compartment - by fixkick - 08-13-2018, 06:19 AM
RE: Wires in engine compartment - by GFO4501 - 08-13-2018, 07:00 AM