Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clunk when coming to a stop
Awesome thank you! yes #23 was the bushing i was talking about. I tried uploading a photo but the 500k limit is a bit to work around, i need to find an program where you can size a picture by kb size and not just dimensions. O man am I in a pickle.....the drop brackets we ordered from someone that was referred to me on a separate forum ended up sending ones with the bolt holes completely backwards. They sent them a week later and without the bushing im asking about (i specifically asked if it was included and was assured it was). its been a nightmare dealing with them and it seems the broader Suzuki community (you aside, your freakin awesome and forgiving) seems less willing to help with the overall mishap of the issue and more about keeping the seller in a good reputation. i might just press out the old rubber portions on the cast iron drop brackets that were on it already. It looks as though they are not welded but pressed in? they look identical to the ones pictures in your schematic so im not sure if they are stock or aftermarket? Im going to give it a try and arbor press them out.... if id doesnt work im not out anything as i need to return the bogus brackets back to the individual that has caused so much headache. wanted to give you an update... Thank you so much for being the best source of information on these vehicles. On a side note i have an interview at a fabrication shop here in socal tomorrow. I hope i get it, i enjoy working on things like this. I also hope you feel i am worthy and capable of it. I will keep you up to date on the progress of the kick as its now in limbo for another week until the drop brackets are fixed or new ones show up.

Messages In This Thread
Clunk when coming to a stop - by CSUSBgeochem1 - 06-12-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 06-13-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 06-13-2018, 01:58 AM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 06-17-2018, 02:20 AM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 07-03-2018, 11:33 AM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 07-03-2018, 11:35 AM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by CSUSBgeochem1 - 07-03-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 07-03-2018, 08:36 PM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 07-03-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: Clunk when coming to a stop - by fixkick - 07-04-2018, 12:35 AM