Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the ground transmission flush...
So long story short....I will be putting the long story in another thread, might be helpful for others...

I got this 5 speed 4x4 transmission from a 97' 1.6L 4 door sidekick,
This is for my 5 speed 4x4 96' 1.6L 2 door tracker

Got this tranny from a junkyard....donner looked great minus body damage, so i got the tranny for a mistake I made ...again long story later...done the ground checks including wrench shift with shiftbox off. 2nd took some rotating the main shaft a bit and was still a harder than all others but, I had drained the fluids a few days before, so no fluid probably attributed to this.
I put the shifter box on with plastic bushings that are good, no cracks or breaks. Shift lever that I also had to get because my spring was in 2 pieces.
Shifts good but that 2nd gear is still needs coaxing with a shift into 4th n reverse, witch gets into pretty smoothly....all this with no fluid and no telling how long was sitting before i got it.

Now to my actual question in this matter....when i drained it, the amount of sludge i got out of it made my eyes big...and there was a good fingernail width of it on the drainplug. Looking into the shift gate area it is caked on the walls pretty good...what's the best way to clean this, preferably without taking the case apart...just on the ground?

Messages In This Thread
On the ground transmission flush... - by mikedalcollo - 06-06-2018, 05:26 AM