Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low R.P.M.
all i know is this?
Colombia
are you there?
cars made for USA and canada and the rest of the world are not the same.
some countries don't turn on the CEL lamp unless it's more serious, like in CaNADA,

but our cars, every single one 1996 to NOW, all glow the CEL (USA ) For P400 errors , on some other codes, if it fails the lamp is dead until. 3 key on trips.
that is why only a scan tool work, here, ours is OBD2 tool, costing $15 to $200 depending on features.

the scan tool has button called pending codes, and never lies to you here,
for example it will hold a pending for 3 keyon trips then if failed , now, CEL glows
now you know just how useless any CEL lamp is , here, 1996_
in 1995 and back code 51 EGR always turns on the CEL, but that was long long time ago

each factory makes cars for the world over, called markets, if yours was marketed to other countries, what trips the CEL is anyones guess,
to me the lamp is only useful if its one, if off , it means zero to me. totally.

Here in our town any shop will scan it for free, as GOOD WILL.

why not remove the EGR main and clean it, is not your EGR electric motor, all ours are 1999 + I think.
It can be cleaned, for sure,

the engine is at 400 RPM
for gross misfire.
that is EGR stuck open
bad spark, again the scan tool tell you P03xx codes for all types of misfires.
it can be going lean and misfiring (it would bog and die)
or goes super rich and misfires turning the spark tips black
does this engine have 2 cop coils on top 2 coils and 4 HV wires sets? if yes, then the boots on those coils are shorting, P0300 etc.
or clogged injectors.

scanning it , is first, and push the pending button or all bets off. 3 failure rules fools every one,
the FSM covers this , lists ever single DTC error and how many it take to set CEL on,. factory service manual.

good luck.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Low R.P.M. - by mateito505 - 06-06-2018, 05:12 AM
RE: Low R.P.M. - by fixkick - 06-06-2018, 05:49 AM
RE: Low R.P.M. - by mateito505 - 06-06-2018, 08:16 AM
RE: Low R.P.M. - by fixkick - 06-06-2018, 09:59 AM