Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
93 Sidekick Floods and stalls when warm
(06-01-2018, 09:09 PM)fixkick Wrote: 93 sidekick what,? 2door, 4doors, 2wd, 4wd, transmissions 3 or 4 or 5speed stick? its real good to know this first. what car is it? (this tells me what wiring harness you have)

you said injectors with an 'S" so is 16valves G16B engine,

floods, so step one is talk to the ECU ! (the quasi Vulcan mind meld deal" Spook, RIP)
insert the diagnosis jumper clip (paper clip ,unbent) into the DLC connector in front of the battery, (the DLC had rubber cap new car) the wire colors for sure give it away.

http://www.fixkick.com/CEL/CEL.html#OBD1codes
on above page click finding the DLC connector. covers 89-2004 trackers)

The CEL must flash 12s. if not , all codes you see there are limphome (not code 51)
limphome mode, is flooding mode. every time.
you saw the NOID go brighter, that is heavy fuel, the ECU did that, and did so in most cases due to wrong inputs (it's just computer inside, and inputs must be correct)

you can drive endlessly with the DLC DIAG connector pulled in, it is harmless. and doing so finds INTERMITTENCY.

if the CEL (check engine lamp) if will not flash on demand, that means its a FEDERAL car (USA fed) and has USA FED NAG switch, slide the nag one time to the other side and now 12s happen.
http://www.fixkick.com/CEL/NAG-Lamp.html

day1: fixes. (my list)
make sure the front crank pulley front 17mm big bolt head, is set to 94ft/lbs torque, do this first. day 1 , for any kick car new to the barn. or bad happens. easy.
make sure the ECU CAP in the corner(lid off) is not black plastic shelled and not marked Rubicon, (as all those are dead) aka RECapping. ( up to 3 caps can be bad at one time)
i remove the nag switch if found, i just remove it, it has no function now,only makes diagnosis more hard, for sure if loving to crawl on knees finding the darn thing....

93 Sidekick JX 5 door 4X4 5 speed

Messages In This Thread
RE: 93 Sidekick Floods and stalls when warm - by Brucepalma - 06-02-2018, 09:40 AM