Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front wheel hub 4wd
one way is go to any auto wrecking yard.
walk in ask them to find this part in their network
they also have this magic software, (DB) called Hollanders?(sp) that looks up cross over parts. my guess this will show 89-95 or 98 for a hit) (no jeep parts fit here)
let them find the part used, but my guess they will charge $200, they know the new price and start there and you dicker down.

here is the only post I can find on the web. on topic (one guy reports have this, found on used car)
seems , to work?. or one guy who does not do is own work, said, his , mech said had to DIE GRIND something,,, so we can see 1 guy with it, how they did it , unknown.?

maYBE its just the abs ring he had to cut off. as expected if fitted 2001. the locking hubs base ring seems the same.
the abs tone ring just needs pry off, its pressed on only?, but not sure if there are tack welds, look first.
the other issues are (offsets (oh boy, im clueless) and the inner hub inside, that holds the axle end bearing, and fits to the main hub bearing side, inside.

why not just try your self? the be first top say? in details?

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-side...ost1477905

the suzuki nut is same p/n out to 2003 (if you have nut and not the crazy GEO spring nut thing, do you?)
The inner hubs that big nut fits is same till 2003. the inner hugs (no abs ) are the same 96 with rollers until 2003.
on that year, they added a newer, main inboard axle bearing from bushings to real rollers bearings( 4wd became serious that day ))
I looked at all related P/n parts and can not see a contention on this IDEA< but hands on, is a whole other matter.

I now think it fits, but , again doing is not same as what I just stated above.
I do know I would have tried , $160 saved buys the Suzuki tool to do this right. 130 to 180ft lbs crush on the crush bearings.
hint the upgrade does not end the crush bearing rules. ever.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Front wheel hub 4wd - by Greenacarina - 05-31-2018, 03:14 PM
RE: Front wheel hub 4wd - by fixkick - 05-31-2018, 11:13 PM
RE: Front wheel hub 4wd - by fixkick - 05-31-2018, 11:30 PM
RE: Front wheel hub 4wd - by fixkick - 05-31-2018, 11:59 PM