Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle
I have a Samurai with a '94 tracker 16 valve engine. It has recently started stuttering and chugging a bit just above idle when I am accelerating slowly or cruising at low throttle. gas mileage has been pretty low also. when giving it a lot of throttle it doesn't seem to have any problem. Runs fine when cold. I have disconnected the TPS and it runs fine (no hesitation). I did a test of the TPS. It is callibrated correctly and the resistance changed smoothly through the whole range. I have disconnected the vacuum line from the EGR main and it seems to hesitate less. I disconnected the EGR solenoid and EGR main vacuum line and it seems to hesitate less but still slight hesitation sometimes. I cleaned ERG main no change no change on stuttering but i don't ever get CEL after cleaning EGR. I did a running test on the EGR valve and it seems to flutter while holding a constant RPM not sure if that is normal. I feel like the stuttering might correlate with the EGR fluttering but hard to confirm while driving. Any ideas??

Messages In This Thread
'94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle - by dstaheli - 05-02-2018, 05:41 AM