Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
89 tracker viberation
so no vibs in 4wd you say?
noises are not easy to find, I have wired remote, microphone stethoscope kit, ($30) i can clamp on 4 microphones to find noise but not Ujoints
but the rear axle is childs play easy with this device.
clamp on, drive and wow, hear which of 3 places on the axe rear ( left center right is screaming.)
you can clamp to front and rear of transfer case and the 5speed.

you can drive to suspension shop, they do this easy, find the noise
any other way besides hands on flexing is very dangerous, to do, lacking the electronics stethoscope.

why wait to flex joints by hand,its like 15min job, i can even do it car on ground, crawling in less time. with a large screwdriver in hand i jam it in the joint and yank and look.
the bearings joints are there to see, and there must not be any differential movement seen from Cross star ends to yokes,
even the front yoke can fail at the spline (at case), so i flex that too.

some must put in new rear prop shaft 2 ujoints set and when doing that just check the front spline for excess wear. all shops do this.....
heck seen many oif yoke, 4 bolts loose a hell, why wait ,for such easy simple was work, looking and flexing parts.
there are like 100s of youttube videos showing how to flex these. ? show the illegal moments,etc.

doing 4wd , you must be on slippery surface or it will CRY BLOODY load , in pain, as the front end fights the rear for sure in turns of any kind.
to test. it.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
89 tracker viberation - by Seberth - 04-29-2018, 11:49 PM
RE: 89 tracker viberation - by fixkick - 04-30-2018, 03:18 AM
RE: 89 tracker viberation - by Seberth - 05-06-2018, 10:53 PM
RE: 89 tracker viberation - by fixkick - 05-07-2018, 05:07 AM