Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intermittent stall-outs
96 geo tracker 4x4 16v 2 door sometimes runs great and then just stalls as if you turn off ignition. Repair and replaced crank keyway, new timing belt, plugs ,wires, cap, rotor ,cleaned erg, and all passageways, intake and exhaust, new cat, fuel filter, 02 sensors, upstream and down. don't have access to code reader at the moment, even check engine light is intermittent. mileage shows 145ish. driver side taillight connections look good. also new battery cables, cv shafts, struts and shocks, tires ... Still cant get good ground at drivers side dome switch. Passenger side fine. no key chime, I know because is connected with driverside door switch, duh I'm about tapped out . Also, Cleaned plenum and noticed I had more carbon build up on intake side than exhaust. Twice I ran a quart of lacquer thinner with a full tank of fuel thru her as Scottie suggested.Previous codes were 02 sensor and egr recirculation. Don't recall the code #. CEL is now intermittent and yes, I know I need to check code history now. May as well spend some more on good code reader. any 0bd2 suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
intermittent stall-outs - by Seberth - 04-29-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: intermittent stall-outs - by fixkick - 04-30-2018, 03:01 AM