Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-72LE Transmission Troubleshooting
Thanks for the PDF Fixkick. It is almost identical to my manual, but there are some differences. My manual says that the tube in question is the Brake Applying Tube just like page 143 in your manual. It is confusing because the manual you provided (pg 139) identifies that same tube as the Forward Clutch. My manual does not have that part in it and that would totally explain why I have no forward gears!

I removed the other tubes for the photo so that it would be more clear which I was referencing. The hole has to be damaged like you said. How? I don't know. I will remove valve body and attempt to repair the hole. I think I can weld over it with aluminum rod and then re-drill it to fit the tube. If not, then I will have to wait for the snow to melt off of my parts car so I can get the transmission out of it.

In any case, as usual, you have been very helpful. Thank you.
Frank.
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4WD 4-door hardtop, G16 1.6L 16 valve L4 SOHC, 4-spd Auto Trans (Asin AW Model 03-72 LE), Non-ABS, Assembled in Ingersoil, Ontario. Currently in Tok, AK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 03-72LE Transmission Troubleshooting - by Nunapitchuk - 04-03-2018, 01:11 AM