Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-72LE Transmission Troubleshooting
Background: Did complete rebuild of transmission (seals, gaskets, steels, friction plates). Followed all instructions in service manual ('94/'95 supplement manual). I feel very (like 90%) certain that I did not make mistakes. I made a 23 part video of the whole process and posted to my face book page (Suzuki Sidekick Restoration Project) and my U-Tube channel (just look up AW 03-72LE (A44DE) and my videos will come up). So when I put my shiny new transmission in and tried it, well, only reverse worked. No D or 1 or 2. Absolutely nothing in forward gears.

Now there was one thing that bothered me when I put it together and still bothers me. The tube from the middle accumulator to the front side of the oil pan. I will attach photos. All the tubes go in tight holes except this one. It just kind of pokes into a rectangular hole. Makes no sense to me. Then I started thinking, maybe it is suppose to be a hole, but pieces broke off (the transmission was a real mess when I started).

I wonder if you have one around that you could look at (FixKick or any reader) that you could check and compare to mine and then let me know if mine looks normal or broken.

And, finally, if mine is abnormal, could this be the cause of my problem?

I appreciate any help I can get.
Frank.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4WD 4-door hardtop, G16 1.6L 16 valve L4 SOHC, 4-spd Auto Trans (Asin AW Model 03-72 LE), Non-ABS, Assembled in Ingersoil, Ontario. Currently in Tok, AK.

Messages In This Thread
03-72LE Transmission Troubleshooting - by Nunapitchuk - 04-02-2018, 09:45 AM