Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
89 sidekick tbi 8v 5spd- Fuel, Spark, comp, no start. HELP!!
Thanks for the reply. I went through what you mentioned and everything checks out, except when I hooked up my timing light. Here’s some more info and stuff I’ve tryed.

I checked the brwn/white wire from ignition coil to the noise suppressor, continuity was good. Checked brown wire from noise suppressor to the ecm, which turns to red/blue wire right before ecm. Also checked brown wire from noise suppressor to cluster, all good.

How can I test the noise suppressor?

More stuff I’ve tried.
1. I took the o2 sensor out at the manifold, no start.
2. Hooked up my timing light while cranking. Im not seeing the timing light flash while cranking. What does this mean?

Stuff I’ve noticed today. Rpm cluster doesn’t move more than half the time I’ve been cranking on it. I see the rpm bounce up to 100 150 right as I Let off cranking the motor over. Notice that I’m getting a little combustion/ flame out of the throttle body, as that rpm jump happens. Almost try’s to start but won’t. Not flooding as I’ve unhooked fuel supply and tryed starting fluid. I keep an eye on plugs not getting fould and still have same spark.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 89 sidekick tbi 8v 5spd- Fuel, Spark, comp, no start. HELP!! - by Shaarc5 - 02-07-2018, 12:25 PM