Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 suzuki sidekick 16v wont start
ok i have a poor neglected kick that has 200k miles. i doubt the timing belt has ever been replaced and i bought it with 160k 15 years ago. been a great winter rig and i parked it july 2016. when i got back from a long trip of 3 months the darn thing wouldnt start and i get no spark. i can be an idiot at times and i might have disabled it thinking i would be smart but i doubt i did it as the common ways i would have done that which is pull a fuse or relay but everything is there.

anyway i have given it a fresh tuneup with new plugs wires cap and rotor. and going through the no spark troubleshooting i figured i would start replacing the cheapest things while waiting on the timing belt and related parts.

so things replaced is spark plugs wires cap rotor and went ahead and got a new igniter. next things i am thinking is coil or the crank angle position sensor.

i know the belt hasnt jumped or broke as the rotor position is spot correct for tdc. so before i bought the parts for this thing i want to make sure i have spark before tearing into it any more.

so my question is. inside the distributor is what apears to be j811 crank position sensor. but the docs state that for 16v motors it should be under the engine at the oil pan. rock auto doesnt list j811 and only has what appears to be at the crank.

so what is the sensor within the distributor as the image what i see on the ckp section shows 8v only.

Messages In This Thread
1994 suzuki sidekick 16v wont start - by pen25 - 12-18-2017, 01:48 PM