Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'96 getting ECU not to see transmission
Hey all new member with a question or 2. I have a 1996 Sidekick motor in my Samurai and the check engine light stays on. Now I'm not using the factory transmission and I know the codes are from the transmission only. There are 2 of them, though I can't remember them both off hand. One is something like transmission shift solenoid A and the other one something else tranny related. So I've been messing with this for a while now. Got it just about all ready to go but would like to get this resolved so I can use my CEL in case there is a problem. I just purchased an ECU from a manual tracker of the same year. My automatic ECU has 4 blue socket connectors and the manual ECU has 3 yellow ones. My 2 end connectors on the harness will fit the standard ECU as they do in the original ECU. The problem is that the small connector won't plug in. It has 12 sockets whereas the yellow socket has 14 pins I believe. I was hoping I could just plug in the ECU from the standard and it wouldn't look for the transmission, thus not giving me a code. Is there something I'm missing here? Does someone provide a service where they can take apart my ECU and take out the part that looks for the transmission? Thanks for any help.

Messages In This Thread
'96 getting ECU not to see transmission - by five20too - 11-10-2017, 03:23 PM