Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about TBI Flood Clear mode
10vdc scopes are only good for 5vdc logic, never for a car, , but they do sell 100:1 probes dirt cheap on ebay,
the red wire has its own pulse driver
the yellow has its own too, and are not the same.
the scope signals can be seen on any scopy 1960 to now, but not on toy 5vdc scopes easy, the cheap scopes blow up at drop of the hat. super easy. in fact.
cars can and do have 40volt noise spikes, called load dumps one is AC clutch engaged/disengaged. or starter noise, and any relay pulling in. and more. even fuel pump noise.

see drawing 2 here, this is what is there, inside, no lies.

http://www.fixkick.com/INJECTORS/the-pulses-matter.html

uP means micro P or processor in this case its the CPU port expander that runs the injector driver transistors

see all 3 scope views real? there.?
B8
B17
and transverse, across both.
any scope that can resolve 3mS signals, even a relic 1MHz scope works . ( only no toy scopes ) but if luck a 100:1 probe can work if it to see 15v pulses, (alternator voltage sets the max value)
the cheap scopes also have no DC amp to see the 0.15v reduced signals well, as in typical of cheap china scopes. they do make better scopes,
100v rated or 400, v. like real USA scopes have. made here.

one trick is to this inductively.
wrap 10 turns of fine wire around the red injector wire (this forms a Faraday magnetic air core transformer , easy)
then connect scope to that pair, now you read injection current. 15amps strong it is or 1ohm and 15v, I =E/R then do same on other wire, , yellow.

that is all i know for tricks , I have boxes full of scope probes of many kind ,current and voltage and even one for spark.
my guess is this cheap scope and has a 2:1 voltage divider to uP , ADC, input and super easy to blow up. in most cases. ($3 in parts there)

one advantage it (toy scope) does have is battery power and no references to ground, this can save it.. from damage. (but not transverse readings too high)
if no caring risk do the 10:1 probe and see 15v at 1.5v pulse, but there is back EMP signals there, from the injector coil see it in yellow wire scope view
it goes over 40v back EMF spikes this is aka inductive kick back, more Faraday magic and mr Tesla.
it may go higher that kick. i forgot to measure more carefully, (lazy me with my 600v rated tools)

good luck hope it works !!!
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Question about TBI Flood Clear mode - by t3tom - 11-02-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Question about TBI Flood Clear mode - by fixkick - 11-03-2017, 09:40 AM