Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker Spindle & Hub same as 1998?
they changed vast things, in 1996, all this is well know, and slines on shaft, ABS, the airbags.
and even in the transfer cast.
huge changes.
the part numbers on the hubs are all the same or 1996 to 1998
the ABS ring removes that is found, on one.

the 1996 car was made in July 1s 1995, at cami, they change models on that day, so that by december the car can comply with all usa laws, Vast for Jan 1st 1996. huge changes for many things.
do not confuse build date with model year.
I will look up now bearings, and other parts.
you do know there are many parts to match right>"?
the car is old, and like all old cars lots of bad swaps, its all part of the process, owning old cars,, and lots of hard work. to get it right.

i have the parts list. real, full from suzuki , every part,

if you went to suzuki they'd look, up in there data base to see if your car was special. like when they built them in JAPAN the year CAMI shut down for a refit.
but your car is GM car, made in CAMI, the VIN first digits tells you its, GM CAMI made. if is.

GM made the tracker side by side in the plant the same day.
how is to say , that GM run older parts on a car in 1996, Id bet you cant discover that unless you ask GM, then they say WHAT is GEO.?

I told all hubs same 96-98, (1999 and 2000s is a Vitara, and uses new parts and runs bearings there

in 1996 , new axles,
in 1996 , bearings fits inside spindle hub, its a fact, inter hub, is new too. the bear is, 28mm x 35mm x 16mm and same on 1999 and 2000 year.
those axle bearings and inner spindle hubs stayed until year 2000 at least.

way are you looking at 89-95 parts none of that fits your car, its a waste of time there.

the hub P/N is the same, in the book for both ABS and non ABS, the part comes with the ring, and the dealer says knock it off , i guess. ive never ever gone there and dropped $160 on a hub.
same p/n main wheel bearing hub, 4wd, 96 to 98
then same part number changed 1999 and again in 2000. in the book,

good news the Knuckle is same 89-99,
but the other parts must match each other axle,bearing inner,spindle hub and , outer wheel bearing hub , all that changed 1996, July1,95 build date, on door jam.
The 1999 Knuckle is not the same. all parts there different , mostly../

What GM did,I don't know, ever use there web page.

seen this ever, its free, (missing engine bits)
http://ge.tt/3fAfcf62/v/0

you will want that Im sure.
i have the Ufiche too (micro films) but no reader now,.

as you can see the parts changed at GM the same year, on the mark.
you can also see those part numbers GM there
and that bushing at GM (most parts there say discontinued, at GM online.
The on bearing is sold there but fails to say which one #3 or #11 sad no? and is $165 each,

id did the bushing search there and it goes , discontinued.
the spindle proves the pudding, 1996 is new spindle due to no more bushing , seen on the above page and seen on 10 GM online sites, all discontinued but i can search and prove the P/n changed in 1996. ending all speculation , (cept wrong parts on the car)

the bushing sized hanged, a bushing is a 1 form of a bearing, needles are also possible in later years.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker Spindle & Hub same as 1998? - by fixkick - 06-15-2017, 11:47 AM