Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker Spindle & Hub same as 1998?
I had to resize my pics but still had some prob's uploading them.
Here's a couple more and I'll eventually resize the images of the bearing lock-nuts the mechanic that pressed my bearings buggered up by using a hammer & punch or chisel because he didn't have the bearing spanner lock-nut socket...just as you had mentioned on your website somewhere.
Did the image resizing.
Late 3 PM lunch and back to looking for my spindle & hub so I'll have wheels again.

One of the wreckers/recyclers I found through car-parts.com emailed me and another one...the one with the 400 Suzuki's or whatever called be back.
He seems to think that they didn't change the spindle from a bushing to a bearing in 1996 as the ones he's checked all had bushings in them and he's done this forever...has quite the inventory on his lot as well.
He thinks someone maybe put a 1999 front end or components on my car or something or other.
I just told him I found out from your site that they supposedly changed to a bearing in 1996 and a couple auto wreckers agreed to that after I told them and they checked it out.
I think it'd be quite a coincidence that your info shows a changed hub and spindle in 1996 and my 1996 has the changed hub & spindle you referred to.
However I've come across at least two 1996 Geo Trackers already that had a bushing type spindle in them.
This is more than a headache!

Curious to see what you say as far as the 1997 or 1998 spindle/hub compatibility with the 1996 model year.
Maybe I can find the right one off of one of those units.

I'll send the Arkansas gentleman the link to this thread whether he wants to get involved or not or just read it or at least look at the pictures I uploaded.
He's got a lot of cars...but does one of them have the rare gift I'm looking for? Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker Spindle & Hub same as 1998? - by Borntobewild - 06-15-2017, 08:12 AM