Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker Spindle & Hub same as 1998?
I have a 1996 Geo Tracker and threw the front right wheel bearing which tore up the rotor, break caliper bracket and the bearing wouldn't come off the hub.
The 1989-1995 spindle & hubs are not the same as the 1996 but it appears possibly the 1998 spindle & hub are the same?
Comparing part numbers on some Chevy/GM sites appear to be the same animal but then there are discrepancies on other GM sites Confused
If the '98 is the same as the '96 that increases my odds of locating the used parts from an auto wrecker.
Anyone know if these two years are compatible?

Thanks in advance...this has been a real headache for a week now and I lost time and money (bearing + press charge) having a new wheel bearing pressed into the hub of an older hub that an auto wrecker sold me that is the wrong year/hub, only to have to return the wrong parts to the auto wrecker with a brand new bearing in their hub. Sad
I've had a lot of problems with both auto parts people and auto wreckers with wrong parts especially with this 1996 year and even little things like 4 door versus 2 door (Different brake calipers for example).

They looked similar but somehow coming across this site on a very informative "bearing" page, I noticed some critical notes stating the spindle was changed in 1996.
http://www.fixkick.com/hubs/FW_BEARINGS.html

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
1996 Geo Tracker Spindle & Hub same as 1998? - by Borntobewild - 06-10-2017, 01:13 PM