Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 Tracker idles, dies above idle
Wink 
Hello again,

After several months with no real problems, the Tracker has an issue. It's a 4wd LSI with MT.

Last week leaving work, engine still fairly cold, I noticed it would bog down when I hit the gas. It was annoying, but never died. Cleared up after a minute once it warmed up.

Then the other day... Not good. I was going to drive it to work. Started, idled fine, but then when I hit the gas, it wanted to die. Barely touching the pedal made it want to die. Letting off quickly, it would recover. Push the gas for to long ( 1 second or more) and it's dead.

I looked at it today (good weather). It idles fine, and this problem happens with engine cold or hot. If I barely rotate the throttle shaft, it will cut out and want to die. If I move the shaft extremely slow, idle increases a bit, then it cuts out.

I tested TPS with ohm meter. Idle switch works. Idle TPS is at 1.5ish kOhms, and at WOT it's around 5kOhms. It appears smooth, no glitches.

No CEL, no DTC's except "12."

Has anyone experienced such a thing before? It's extremely frustrating because I thought it would be the TPS for sure.

Thanks!
Wes

Messages In This Thread
90 Tracker idles, dies above idle - by GeoCacher90 - 01-22-2017, 02:21 PM