Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A/C question
Happy to find this site and I have a long first question.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. I have two questions related to possible poor a/c performance in my 94 Sidekick 8v with factory r134a. Recently I found a hard top in the junkyard and installed it, though I still think thier is room for more performance from my system.

1. Recently I installed a new compressor and accumulator due to a high pressure (55) on the low side and low pressure (135) on the high side at ambient temp of 90*F with vent temps of 65-70*F. Now I can't remember the pressures after the new compressor but they are more in line with the pressure/temp charts I found from the FSM pages on both fixkick and ack with 93*F yesterday at 55% humidity yesterday I had vent temps in the 50*F range while in motion. Am I in line with what others are seeing? I know a couple of guys local to me that I have tested to have vent temps in the low 40*F range but that seems like a lot to be asking from a 20 year old truck. I think their is room for improvement but would like an opinion please.

2. How hard is the blower motor supposed to move air out of the vents? Mine feels like a weak breeze if I have 2 vents on me and 2 on the passenger side and is only slightly more if i have all vents aimed at me. I have pulled the dash apart and checked for leaks with none found, all seals are good, blend doors working correctly, and I have all the speeds and can tell a difference. Also I cleaned the entire system from vent to intake with no change. Is it possible the motor is weak or is their somewhere else I need to look?

I really think if I could get more airflow out of the vents it would really make it more comfortable but I wouldn't complain either way as long as I can get some kind of improvements.

Thanks again for any help.

Messages In This Thread
A/C question - by dayton86 - 07-10-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: A/C question - by hatchetman - 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM