Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker vibration when driving
shaking steering wheel, brakes applied.
id say no , bent rear axle.
the brakes cause shaking, , usually this stops it.
maybe with torched springs as they are called, its got way off alignment? now?
if the brake pedal don't pulse back to your foot the rotor are true and so are the drums. (mostly) brake inspections look for cracks too.
my guess, is bad front end parts.
the ebrake trick? stumps me. wow.
id look for looseness in all 4 wheel suspension parts. id man handle the tires for, at 3 and 9pm the 12 and 6
then using a pry bar try to find problems at all 4 ends,
jackup body , not suspension, then as tire leaves ground put a crow bar under tire and reef up hard, see if there is looseness , and in wheel bearings. and up front funny action of the struts.

is you rear axle pig , top Y fork rotted away? as is so common? this will show up with Ebrake tests or violent throttle action.

spin all tires on car, see if one rim is bent?
swap tires around to find one that acts different?

that front wheel shaking is odd, i think its all up front this problem. I think the ebrake effect is due to its changing body bias. (tilt) and passing that angle to the front and inviting front end loosing control.

Keep in mind tire balance even when perfect will still find a loose front end part, that is because there is no such thing as a perfect balance. close but never perfect and that imperfection finds loose parts fast.
cheers.
some shops have on car tire balance and you can see parts fail as they spin up, amazing to watch too.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker vibration when driving - by fixkick - 07-01-2013, 03:10 AM