Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump access
If it does go up, get some hot dogs and marshmallows and enjoy that gasoline smell.
It's the smell of victory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBksHaTQCbU
NAPA is good at getting things. I have had items get to the local store from stores which were a number of states away.
Their cut hoses are better quality then like Auto Zone, Advance, and Pep Boys.
(06-16-2017, 01:54 AM)fetcher Wrote: NAPA is good at getting things. I have had items get to the local store from stores which were a number of states away.
Their cut hoses are better quality then like Auto Zone, Advance, and Pep Boys.

thanks to both of you.... Too bad it's rainning today(as my sidekick is in the backyard) but I'll remove the transmissin from my Tracker that is in the my garage..... and I should be able to replace my fuel filter this weekend.

I'll take some pics and will try to unload some of those here.....
Fuel filter, as u can see really rusted and i'll have to install a métal braket to secure it
(06-17-2017, 03:10 AM)john110 Wrote: Fuel filter, as u can see really rusted and i'll have to install a métal braket to secure it

Trying again with a pic....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-17-2017, 03:36 AM)john110 Wrote: [quote='john110' pid='8516' dateline='1497633049']
Fuel filter, as u can see really rusted and i'll have to install a métal braket to secure it

Well, I guess I can't just replace the fuel filter as I'll have no choice to replace more than the filter.... I'll take the time to make a good job and replace some (if not all) of those hoses. Ijust don' t want to take the chance of being stock somewhere just because I didn't replace one of those..... I want to be sure that the pump can work easily without any debris anywhere and that all hoses are safe and won't leak.... I probaby don't even try to to release those bolts. I wont waist time with that (look at the pic !!), I'll just cut those and begin from there.... I just hope I'll be able to remove bolts on the hard fuel line if not I could have to replace everything !! [Quote]

I'll try to find some hours this weekend to work on it and I'll bring some pics.... I'm sure I'm not the only one with rust issue in that area.....
Here's thé sidekick, excep that spot (fuel pump area) there not a lot of rust....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would not cut the hose unless the fitting is about to rust off, it may be very hard to find a replacement hose. If you cut the hose, I bet you will
end up in some hydraulics shop asking them to fab you new hoses.
(06-17-2017, 04:08 AM)john110 Wrote: Here's thé sidekick, excep that spot (fuel pump area) there not a lot of rust....

The car looks real good.
The filter looks like it was recovered from the wreck of some Spanish galleon.
as they say a picture is worth a 1000s words.
in this case 10,000

RUST BUCKET. a new filter will not work here, the banjo are WRECKED, its amazing its not leaking now, and on fire.... ever seen a fuel fire, (key off, and win) car a fire extinguisher , abc rated.

id not touch that with out all new parts, end to end..

you bought a car from the salt belts. Canada, or any state the salts the roads all winter long,.

Virtual SIGature . 94 4dr Sidekick with 40k mile 16V 4wd ??????
i bet you dont know both ends go to threaded metic fittings right.?
the 2 hoses are
suk pn

id 15- 15810-57B00
id 20- 15840-61a01

paste in the numbers above not ID. almost 300 bucks, never buy SUZUKI ever. or go broke, all parts sold are 5 to 10 times normal, after chapter 11 , bankruptcy
https://www.suzukicarparts.com/parts/199...eid=214820

i bet the brake lines are rusty too, with mud covering them
or some one live on the beach and thought driving in the surf flooded sand edge, was cool.
i bet you need to look closer for rust, id bet that dried mud I see, is hiding facts.

i told you the hoses are rated for 100psi, its not a carb car with 10psi cheap hoses and clamps, its Fuel injected rated, end to end.
suzuki sells parts, want part numbers.
here i s one
http://www.fixkick.com